Truth Frequency Radio
Apr 13, 2014

Fars News Agency

Thousands of foreign-backed militants have entered Aleppo city in Northern Syria via Turkish borders, informed sources disclosed on Saturday.

“We have witnessed the arrival of around 5,000 foreign-backed terrorists fully equipped with various types of military equipment, including heavy weaponry, in the city of Aleppo after crossing the border at Bab Al-Hava crossing in the Northern parts of Aleppo province,” an informed military source told FNA today.

He said according to the intelligence gained by the Syrian army, the militants have received trainings and then dispatched to Aleppo from a military base in Turkey near the borders with Syria.

 The source added that a total number of 3,000 militants have also entered Al-Rashedin region in Al-Atareb town.

Last week, Syrian troops repelled repeated attempts by the terrorist groups to infiltrate into the old city of Aleppo from the Eastern part of Umayyad Mosque, and killed a large number of anti-government fighters.

 A military source said that apart from militants’ heavy death toll due to Army’s Sunday operations, a large convoy of weapons and ammunitions were also destroyed in the Aleppo’s battlefields.

 The source added that Syrian soldiers attacked the rebels’ dens and gatherings in Kafar Hamra, al-Shwiehneh, Icarda, Babis, Injara, Kafarnaha, Atareb, Khan Tuman and Jub Ghabsha in Aleppo countryside, adding that too many insurgents were killed, so many were wounded and the rest fled the battlefields.

The source went on to say that other army forces targeted militants’ gatherings in the vicinities of the Central Prison, Khan al-Assal, Maaret al-Artiq, Anadan, Handarat, Bishqatin, Kafar Saghir and al-Lairamon and killed scores of terrorists.

Army units clashed with rebel groups in the old city of Aleppo, al-Mashad, Dahrat Abd-Rabbu, al-Mansourieh, Sheikh Said, the industrial city and al-Kastilo whose people witnessed army’s might and power in the battle fronts.

Source

Accusations fly in alleged chlorine gas attack on central Syrian town

Man being treated for poison gas attack in Daraya Syria via AFPBy Agence France-Presse

Beirut (AFP) – A regime air strike in Hama province of central Syria caused “suffocation and poisoning”, an NGO said Saturday, while state media accused rebels of releasing chlorine gas.

Elsewhere, fighting raged all day in Aleppo near an air force intelligence base, with the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights labelling it “the most violent since the beginning of the battle” in the northern city in mid-2012.

And a bomb blast and shelling in areas of Damascus killed four people, the official news agency SANA reported.

In the rebel-held town of Kafr Zita in Hama province, residents choking from poisoning were hospitalised after raids with barrel bombs on Friday, the Observatory quoted medics as saying.

“Regime planes bombed Kafr Zita with explosive barrels that produced thick smoke and odours and led to cases of suffocation and poisoning,” the monitoring group’s head Rami Abdel Rahman said.

Anti-government activists in the area posted on Facebook that “the regime bombarded Kafr Zinta with toxic products, (with) ‘chlorine gas’, causing more than 100 cases of suffocation”.

But state television said that Al-Qaeda affiliate Al-Nusra Front, a key force in Syria’s three-year armed revolt, had released chlorine in a deadly attack on the town.

“There is information that the terrorist Al-Nusra Front released toxic chorine… leading to the death of two people and causing more than 100 people to suffer from suffocation,” it said.

“There is information that Al-Nusra Front is preparing to hit Wadi Deif in Idlib province and Morek in Hama province with toxic chlorine or sarin,” the state broadcaster added.

Videos circulated by opposition activists on YouTube showed men and children in a field hospital coughing and showing symptoms of suffocation, while three young men are wearing oxygen masks.

– ‘Chlorine smell’ –

In one video posted online, a man who appears to be a doctor said “the bombardment left a yellow-coloured product, and a smell like chlorine gas, wounding more than 100 people including women and children.”

There was no independent verification of either of the claims made by state media or opposition activists.

The opposition and much of the international community blamed the Syrian regime for a chemical attack last August outside Damascus that reportedly killed as many as 1,400 people.

The government denied responsibility, in turn blaming rebels, but agreed under threat of US military action to turn over its chemical weapons stockpile for destruction.

In Aleppo, fierce fighting raged Saturday for the first time near a government intelligence centre in the Zahra neighbourhood, said Abdel Rahman.

He added that both government and opposition fighters had suffered “losses” and a large number of people fled the fighting.

Government warplanes pounded the nearby area of Lamrayun and the edges of the intelligence base.

The Observatory, which relies on a vast network of activists on the ground and medics for its information, said another 10 people were killed when Islamist rebels shelled regime-held areas of Aleppo, once Syria’s economic capital.

More than 150,000 people have been killed in Syria since mid-March 2011, according to the Britain-based Observatory.

Source

MORE NEWS IN NEWS >>