By Stephen C. Webster
Monday, February 18, 2013 9:12 EST
Authorities received numerous reports of “fireballs” zooming through the sky over Miami on Sunday night, and at least one of them was caught on tape by an amateur videographer.
The source of the lights: officials say they were likely meteors, albeit smaller than the major meteor event filmed over Russia on Friday that left hundreds injured from shattered glass resulting from a shockwave in the atmosphere.
The video of a meteor over Miami was shot by Amanda Mayer, according to NBC Miami. She was filming a flicking light near her apartment when a fireball suddenly streaked across the sky
Mike Hankey, operations manager for the American Meteor Society, told NBC Miami that the space rock was “traveling from north to south over the east coast of Florida.” He added that anyone who saw a meteor on Sunday night “should feel lucky.”
– Posted on February 16, 2013
In last couple of days exploding fireballs were reported on all sides of the world – Russia, Kazakhstan, Japan, Australia, Cuba, South Africa, Morocco, Germany, Switzerland, northern Italy, Netherlands, Belgium, UK…
– A ball of light in the sky resembling a meteor was reported Sunday night by several people in Miami-Dade and Broward counties (US) on February 18, 2013. “Looking over the Biscayne Bay from downtown, I saw an object falling from the sky,” said Brad Greenberg, 30, of Miami in a tweet about 6:30 p.m. “At first, the object was faintly glowing and moving fast but not nearly as fast as a shooting star.”
– TW reader from Australia, February 18, 2013: I videoed what I feel may have been a meteorite over Melbourne, Australia – preceding the arrival (by hours) of the asteroid. The video is on my blog and Youtube. I also feel there may be more to come – will wait and see….. Link: http://sentirlaterre.blogspot.com.au/2013/02/2013-asteroids-meteroites-and.html
– TW reader from UK, February 17, 2013: Red, glowing dot moving fast over Manchester, England at about 4pm GMT
– TW reader from Timor, February 17, 2013: Today evening I was sitting in a car and for millisecounds I saw a ultra speed bright light in the sky….btw my position is east Timor . I believe more will come.
– TW reader from Australia, February 16, 2013: TA meteor was seen in Melton, Victoria, Australia. Between 11pm and 12am on February 16, 2013. Approximate direction from E by NE to W by SW. Looked like clump of 4 stars at the head with a clearly visible tail. Occupied up to third of the field of vision of the two observers and lasted multiple seconds in view. Enough time to talk to each other about it as it was passing.
– A fireball was also reported in United States. witnesses reported a fireball of some sort was seen streaking across the Bay Area skies, San Francisco. The fireball was seen around 12:45 UTC, on February 16, 2013.
Another video of San Francisco fireball is here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLpTOc1i8_8&feature=youtu.be
– Russian exploding fireball was covered in-depth and most people only heard about that one. First reports came early February 15, 2013 at about 01:00 UTC. During the morning hours Russian military discovered a 6-meter crater, normal background radiation was reported. Russian Academy of Science said the meteorite weighed 10 tons before it entered Earth’s atmosphere but some reports mentioned 50 tons. The meteorite exploded nine times, starting at an altitude of 55 kilometers. The Russia meteor is the largest reported since 1908, when a meteor hit Tunguska, Siberia. The meteor entered the atmosphere at about 40,000 mph (18 kilometers per second). The impact time was 7:20:26 p.m. PST, or 10:20:26 p.m. EST on Feb. 14 (3:20:26 UTC on Feb. 15), and the energy released by the impact was in the hundreds of kilotons. Based on the duration of the event, it was a very shallow entry. It was larger than the meteor over Indonesia on Oct. 8, 2009. Measurements are still coming in, and a more precise measure of the energy may be available later. The size of the object before hitting the atmosphere was about 49 feet (15 meters) and had a mass of about 7,000 tons. The meteor, which was about one-third the diameter of asteroid 2012 DA14, was brighter than the sun. Its trail was visible for about 30 seconds, so it was a grazing impact through the atmosphere.
– Exploding fireball was also reported over the sky of Japan on February 14, 2013 and was captured on video:
– An enormous fireball was reported by numerous witnesses over Belgium, Netherlands and Germany on February 13, 2013. The sight lasted from 10 – 20 seconds. There were two separate fragmentations that shone brightly, one witness reported. Apparently it was part of Soyuz rocked. The 1800th flight of a Soyuz launch vehicle was performed on Monday, 11 February 2013 from the Baikonur Cosmodrome in Kazakhstan at 18:41 Moscow time (15:41 Paris time). Arianespace and its Russian partners report that the Progress cargo spacecraft was accurately placed on the target orbit for another mission to the International Space Station. This was the second Soyuz family mission in 2013. Detailed witness reports here.
By Stephen C. Webster
Monday, February 18, 2013 9:42 EST
It’s an incredibly rare sight, and one that took a tour boat’s passengers completely by surprise last week: thousands, perhaps even tens of thousands of dolphins, swarming together in a 7-mile stretch of water near San Diego, in video published Sunday of what the ship’s captain called a “super mega-pod.”
Tourists watched in awe as dolphins swarmed en masse on Thursday, jumping up and down in a feeding frenzy. Capt. Joe Dutra, who works for Hornblower Cruises, told NBC Bay Area on Saturday that it looked like a super-pod of dolphins taken to the next level: a “super mega-pod.”
“They were coming from all directions,” he said. “You could see them as far as they eye can see. I’ve seen a lot of stuff out here… But this is the biggest [pod] I’ve ever seen, ever.”
Though dolphins are known to travel in groups, they’re usually smaller than 200 at a time. Pods with more than 1,000 dolphins, while rare, are occasionally caught on tape, leading to spectacular footage.
This video was published to YouTube on Sunday, Feb. 17, 2013.
NOTICE OF DATA BREACH Dear User, We are writing to inform you about a data security issue that may involve your Yahoo account information. What Happened? A copy of certain user account information was stolen from our systems in late 2014 by what we believe is a state-sponsored actor. We are closely coordinating with law...
12:15am EDT Breaking News The hashtag #GasShortage is trending on twitter for Tennessee. It will soon be trending elsewhere. My brother reported to me a few minutes ago that Gas stations in Greensboro NC are out of gas and those truck stops have only about 7000 Gallons as of 1155pm EST. The immediate...
World Peace: The Final Chapter By Brooks Agnew Notes from 04 September 2016 World peace has been cited by pageant misses as their life’s work for more than a century. It is the stuff of happily ever fairy tales and Mendala shifting Disney movies. Guard dropping press releases misled Neville Chamberlain and countless other kings to...
Forgiveness by Luckee1 as heard on 30 August 2016 http://tfrlive.com/luckee-with-truth-frequency-news-66847/ I know when I was a girl, I was told that we had to forgive others. The adults, especially those associated with church, always talked about forgiving others. They also talked about how Jesus died for our forgiveness. They would talk about things like forgive your...
Original post is: Watch as amazing GcMAF treatment kills cancer cells in real time… holistic doctors ‘suicided’ over this stunning breakthrough A breakthrough cancer treatment appears to be the reason why a handful of holistic doctors were recently found “suicided” is now gaining worldwide attention as a potential universal cure for cancer. And new microscopic...