This is just one of the many “incidents” that have taken place in the last few months nationwide that involve abuse (physical, mental, and even sexual) of our children in the place that government tells us is “safer than being at home”: public schools.
“We consider this behavior completely unacceptable, harmful to our school and community and traumatic to our students and families,” Abdel-Qawi wrote in the letter. “I’m shocked and deeply hurt by this behavior and apologize on behalf of the staff at Oakland High.”
According to deputies, a staff member reported witnessing an assault on a special needs student on May 16. She said she heard a child screaming in a classroom and when she entered the room, she saw a teaching assistant chasing the 13-year-old student around the room.
The witness said the teaching assistant began to poke the teen several times with a pushpin in the arm after catching him. She then used a cleaning wipe on the wounds, causing further pain.
Additionally, deputies say the witness heard another teacher in the room conspiring with the assistant to cover up the incident by saying the pushpin marks were bug bites.
“The investigation is ongoing to make sure that there are no other victims,” the sheriff’s office said in a release.
On that day, Exantus called the child “nasty” and struck him with a “skip ball” cord approximately four or five times, injuring him, according to a Broward Sheriff’s complaint affidavit.
Exantus also instructed several other children under her care to jump on the boy in a “dog pile,” the report states.
Surveillance video given to the parents shows their son’s teacher, Barb Williams, confront him as he steps out of the bathroom.
The teacher grabs Ian and pins him up against the wall. Then grabs him by the face.
It doesn’t end there. She picks him up by his shirt and his head flops back.
The Nelsons say Ian had a bruise to the back of his head.
A letter Tuesday from Riverdale superintendent informed Barb Williams that she is suspended for ten days without pay.
The superintendent wrote, “your repeated use of physical force was completely unwarranted and unprofessional.”
The Nelsons want her terminated. They plan to take the video to the Hancock County sheriff’s office to pursue criminal charges.
Ian has been moved to a different kindergarten class here at the school and seems to be happier. But his parents worry this incident will have a long-term impact on him.
An elementary school custodian has been accused of sex crimes.
James Shirley, 25, of Beckley is being held on a $250,000 bond. He is charged with six counts of sexual abuse in the third-degree, six counts of sexual assault in the third degree, and burglary.
Shirley worked as a custodian at Stanaford Elementary.
Troopers say there may be other victims out there.
Yeah, that’s exactly who I want cleaning up my child’s school bathroom.
“I want them to be accountable to us, to the public,” said Scott Askew, whose daughter is a seventh-grade special needs student at the middle school. John Carrell was arrested on charges of aggravated sexual abuse after reportedly sexually abusing a 5-year-old special needs child during his bus route to Altara Elementary in Sandy. But it wasn’t until a week prior to his arrest that Askew and other parents from Draper learned Carrell was even under investigation. “So, for those three weeks, we were in the dark about the risks that had been posed for my daughter,” Askew said.
At the time of his arrest in January 2013, Pimentel was accused by LAPD cops of having abused at least 20 kids and one adult. Indeed, multiple counts involving other former students were dismissed with the ex-teacher’s plea, according to prosecutors. The lewd acts counts involved students in the 2011-12 school year, while the continuous sexual abuse charge was for the treatment of a female relative between 2002-04. The probe of Pimentel began in 2012, when girls attending George De La Torre Jr. Elementary School in Wilmington told their parents about the abuse. Before the LAUSD could fire Pimentel, the fourth-grade teacher retired. The district had informed police as required by law, however. Yes, fears are true: Retiring before Pimentel’s arrest preserved his pension and benefits. Our tax dollars at work!
In the letter, they say they are the parents of a 6-year-old that was abused by rape suspect Ali Matar, Jr., a former employee of the Bentonville School District’s “Adventure Club” program.
They requested that the details of the sexual abuse be kept confidential and not released publicly, and they published their letter so, “that other parents whose children attended or continue to attend the district’s ‘Adventure Club’ program may be more accurately informed as to the facts.”
In the letter, the parents said that this rape case was not an “isolated incident.” The letter states that their 6-year-old child was also subjected to acts of sexual abuse while attending the Adventure Club.
The letter states there were elementary schools other than R. E. Baker Elementary that Matar worked in the Adventure Club program where sexual abuse occurred.
The acts of sexual abuse perpetrated by Matar took place before school in the Adventure Club while he was alone with the 6-year-old child, according to the letter.
“This child is a 6-year-old, and she was assaulted at an Adventure Club and it was the morning program,” said Kimberly Parker, an advocate at Exceptional Advocacy. “Our child was abused at another location other than R.E. Baker.”
The school district said Matar also worked at Elm Tree Elementary School, Apple Glen Elementary School and Willowbrook Elementary School. Parker would not say which school her client was sexually assaulted at.
Also stated in the letter is a request that there will be meaningful change taken by the Bentonville School District to protect the children who attend the Adventure Club program and to assure no more children become victims of sexual abuse as a result of ignoring policies that were put in place to prevent actions.
“They are really upset with the level of communication,” Parker said. “Again, that it has not truly been communicated to the community about the level of abuse and where it has taken place,” Parker said.
Happel is accused in seven other cases dating back decades. The complaints say Happel went far beyond peeping on children in the bathroom, and the alleged victims include relatives, neighborhood boys and students at Linwood Monroe Elementary School in St. Paul.
The alleged abuse ranged from forced intercourse and oral sex to fondling and peeping in on young male students as they went to the bathroom at school, according to the charges.
According to the criminal complaints, he would tell his victims “not to tell anyone,” that it was “just their little secret.”
The 62-year-old from Newport, Minnesota, was charged March 20 with one count of surreptitious interference with privacy after allegedly looking under a bathroom stall to watch an 11-year-old boy use the bathroom.
The photographs could help identify children “who we know were abused and that we don’t have photos for,” said Finaldi. They could also help identify “where these kids were being abused, or potentially during which school year they were being abused,” he added.
The L.A. Unified School District has admitted that it has additional photos related to former Miramonte Elementary School teacher and convicted sex offender Mark Berndt and that, until now, it had kept that information from the judge hearing a civil lawsuit against the district and plaintiff’s attorneys in the case.
According to court documents, there are 600 photos in a Sheriff’s investigative report on Berndt. In a court hearing on Wednesday regarding the Sheriff’s report, L.A. Unified attorney Sean Andrade revealed that the district has another set of photos related to the case.
“What photos?” asked a surprised plaintiff’s attorney John Manly.
Andrade offered to supply the photos to the court. He did not say how many there are, or what is in them.
Judge John Wiley Jr. ordered a halt to the conversation, saying the parties could discuss it in court Thursday.
That hearing is underway now.
On Wednesday, Judge Wiley revealed previously undisclosed allegations that Berndt had gone beyond feeding semen-laced cookies to his students and taking pictures of them with tape over their eyes and mouths.
In a summary of the Sheriff’s report, Wiley noted that the investigation found that Berndt had touched girls’ genitalia, induced students to touch his genitals, and exposed himself to students.
Also on Wednesday, KPCC reported that L.A. Unified had destroyed roughly 20 years’ worth of records containing allegations of sexual abuse in public schools.
A North Attleboro Middle School guidance counselor was ordered held in jail on $30,000 cash bail today for allegedly having sex with a 14-year-old female student and sending sexually graphic texts and photos to another female student.
During the arraignment proceedings, the father of the girl who allegedly had sex with McBride grew angry as he listened to the allegations read by an assistant district attorney. He swore at McBride at the close of the hearing before court officers escorted him out of the courtroom.
“Look at me you piece of (expletive). Look at me. Look at me!” the man shouted.
McBride, a married father of a 16-month-old child, allegedly had sex with the girl at North Attleboro Middle School, in his car at the Emerald Square mall and at his home during several months last year, according to Assistant District Attorney Melissa Tafe.
On one occasion, the girl told police McBride had his infant child with him in a car seat when he picked her up and took her to his home to have sex, Tafe said. The girl was able to give a description of McBride’s home, Tafe said, and told investigators the master bedroom where they had sex had a wedding photo of McBride and his wife hanging on the wall.
When questioned by police, according to court records and Tafe, McBride admitted having sex with the girl and told police he loved her and had feelings for her. McBride blamed trouble in his marriage and a “seven-year itch” for his involvement with the girl, Tafe said.
“He knew that it was wrong. That he was a mandatory reporter,” Tafe said, referring to the legal requirements educators have to report suspected abuse to authorities.
West Virginia’s attorney general says Mingo County school officials swept aside middle school girls’ allegations that they were sexually abused by two classmates, then retaliated against the girls for complaining and interfered with a state police investigation into the matter.
The abuses occurred at Burch Middle School during the 2012-13 school year and have continued to the present, Attorney General Patrick Morrisey contends in the civil lawsuit.
Defendants include the principal, vice principal, guidance counselor and a coach, the boys and their parents, the Mingo County School Board and superintendent. Names of the boys and their parents were not released.
The lawsuit filed Wednesday asks Mingo County Circuit Court to prevent further abuse and retaliation and bar defendants from interfering with the police investigation.
The suit comes less than a year after a former Mingo County judge, prosecutor, magistrate and county commissioner pleaded guilty to charges stemming from a federal corruption probe. The county also was rocked in 2013 by the slaying of its sheriff.
The lawsuit says the girls relayed sexual abuse allegations to a guidance counselor in the spring 2012-13 school year. The girls said they were subjected to non-consensual fondling, groping and molestation, “oftentimes forcible in nature,” the suit said.
The girls identified the same two male seventh-graders, both of whom are related to Mingo County school system employees. After one alleged incident, the lawsuit says, one boy told the other, “Don’t worry, (your relative) will take care of us.” One boy’s relative was involved in investigating and deciding punishment for some of the allegations, the suit says.
The lawsuit alleges the abuse occurred on a school bus, in a school computer lab and on a field trip to Charleston. It describes claims by two girls who were 13 at the time, and it says “additional victims exist.”
– During a meeting with the girl’s mother, the principal and a coach, the father of one of the boys said his son admitted to the bus allegations. The coach, Melvin Cunningham, responded that since there were no witnesses, the girl could not prove anything. The principal said the girl could be disciplined for reporting the claims without witnesses.
– The principal advised the girl’s parents not to call police, saying she “would take care of it.” Almost a year later, the parents learned the school had not called the police. The county board of education still has not formally asked for a law enforcement investigation. School officials disciplined the boys by denying them ice cream during a standardized test day and suspending them for one day out of school and one day in school.
– The girls were reprimanded for various school infractions while they or their parents participated in the investigation. This school year, administrators moved one of the girls to the seventh grade because one of the boys was in her eighth-grade classes. The boy stayed in his age-appropriate classes.
These are only a handful of the cases popping up every day, all over the country. It boggles the mind that good parents are having their children taken away from them for not wanting to poison them with psychiatric drugs, while at the same time, this kind of abuse is not only tolerated by many of the school districts, it’s actually covered up in many cases.
Along with the repeal of Common Core, it looks like other changes in our education system definitely need to be made, unless we want our children to learn that rape, sexual assault, and physical abuse by figures of authority is somehow “the norm”.
NOTICE OF DATA BREACH Dear User, We are writing to inform you about a data security issue that may involve your Yahoo account information. What Happened? A copy of certain user account information was stolen from our systems in late 2014 by what we believe is a state-sponsored actor. We are closely coordinating with law...
12:15am EDT Breaking News The hashtag #GasShortage is trending on twitter for Tennessee. It will soon be trending elsewhere. My brother reported to me a few minutes ago that Gas stations in Greensboro NC are out of gas and those truck stops have only about 7000 Gallons as of 1155pm EST. The immediate...
World Peace: The Final Chapter By Brooks Agnew Notes from 04 September 2016 World peace has been cited by pageant misses as their life’s work for more than a century. It is the stuff of happily ever fairy tales and Mendala shifting Disney movies. Guard dropping press releases misled Neville Chamberlain and countless other kings to...
Forgiveness by Luckee1 as heard on 30 August 2016 http://tfrlive.com/luckee-with-truth-frequency-news-66847/ I know when I was a girl, I was told that we had to forgive others. The adults, especially those associated with church, always talked about forgiving others. They also talked about how Jesus died for our forgiveness. They would talk about things like forgive your...
Original post is: Watch as amazing GcMAF treatment kills cancer cells in real time… holistic doctors ‘suicided’ over this stunning breakthrough A breakthrough cancer treatment appears to be the reason why a handful of holistic doctors were recently found “suicided” is now gaining worldwide attention as a potential universal cure for cancer. And new microscopic...