So, I hated email when I first started my first list. I’d sit and stare at the computer, with no idea where to start. I’d second guess everything I wrote. I even gave up on it for a long while.
I felt like a real lame-o.
Then I found this guy from listening to Tom Woods. His name was Ben Settle, and he makes email easy. He turns conventional wisdom on its head, and he gets results. And in this interview, he shares some deep insights on email marketing and a whole lot more.
• Ben explains why principles supersede tactics.
• Find out why being divisive and honest is the future of business.
• Discover the most powerful appeal you can make in marketing. (Hint; it’s not self-interest, like most people think.)
• Get insight on how Ben makes a living working only ten minutes a day.
You’ll also hear
• Why Ben Emails every day, often three or four times.
• How super-villains can help your marketing.
• Why Ben uses stories and how he turns them into action.
• Advanced segmenting tips, including how to test and launch products.
• Why education is not the best form of marketing. (And what really is.)
• And why now is the time to start your list, even if you’re not selling anything yet.
All this, and a whole lot more.
Announcement about the future of the show at the end of the podcast. Business and politics. I’m guilty, people ask if it’s ok. So gonna cover things to think about. The reason why not to. Eliminating half of your potential customer base. Emmies, mtv movie awards plummeting viewership. In Hollywood, most conservatives are afraid to...
This is a question people ask me all the time. The answer is simple. Copywriting is persuasion in print. It’s a form of writing that leads someone to a desired way of thinking. Most of the time, it’s to a “buy Now” button. But once you understand the foundations of copywriting, the possibilities are limitless....
No, not price gouging, done to death. The moral thing to do is raise prices to keep one person from cleaning you out. If you raise too high, you wonâ€™t sell. If you sell, itâ€™s because the market set your price. What Iâ€™m gonna be talking about this week is raising your prices, outside of...
People keep telling me that I’ve got to get on Instagram. To be honest, I’m a little bit intimidated. There’s always a learning curve with each new platform, and I’m not sure how images could fit into what I do. Well, I wasn’t sure, until this interview. Trish Leto joins me this week to do...
People like simple solutions to complex problems. They like get rich quick promises. They like diet pills. They like 3 step programs. They want everything to be as easy as microwave popcorn. Politicians and marketers know this, and use it against you. The fact is, real solutions take work. Every situation is different and one-size-fits-all...
One day a man said to God, â€œGod, I would like to know what Heaven and Hell are like.â€ God showed the man two doors. Inside the first one, in the middle of the room, was a large round table with a large pot of stew. It smelled delicious and made the manâ€™s mouth water,...