So, I hated email when I first started my first list. I’d sit and stare at the computer, with no idea where to start. I’d second guess everything I wrote. I even gave up on it for a long while.
I felt like a real lame-o.
Then I found this guy from listening to Tom Woods. His name was Ben Settle, and he makes email easy. He turns conventional wisdom on its head, and he gets results. And in this interview, he shares some deep insights on email marketing and a whole lot more.
• Ben explains why principles supersede tactics.
• Find out why being divisive and honest is the future of business.
• Discover the most powerful appeal you can make in marketing. (Hint; it’s not self-interest, like most people think.)
• Get insight on how Ben makes a living working only ten minutes a day.
You’ll also hear
• Why Ben Emails every day, often three or four times.
• How super-villains can help your marketing.
• Why Ben uses stories and how he turns them into action.
• Advanced segmenting tips, including how to test and launch products.
• Why education is not the best form of marketing. (And what really is.)
• And why now is the time to start your list, even if you’re not selling anything yet.
All this, and a whole lot more.
The masons have a saying, ordo ab chao some interpenetrate as finding order in chaos, others say using chaos to create order. I’m gonna give my bit, relate it back to all the craziness going on, and tie it into a business lesson. FOF “The Grand Inquisitor” is a poem in Fyodor Dostoyevsky’s novel The...
How to make money What is money? way to communicate value way to preserve wealth (savings) Why we need it. Crusoes Island: distribution of labor Why not barter: Problem of duel wants. Aristotle rules for money 1.) It must be durable. 2.) It must be portable. 3.) It must be divisible. 4.) It must have...
For centuries, a select few have risen to the ranks of master influencer. Compliance professionals and worldview creators are a rare breed, indeed. What do they know that you do not? Most people think writing good copy is about grammar and structure. They think they can piece a message together by checking aspects off of...
So, I’ve spent a lot of money on “How To” courses in my day. I go through all the modules, I get the skill, and then I’m stuck. Now that I have this valuable knowledge, how can I use it? Now that I can do this thing, how can I find people that need it?...
How did I go from staunch activist against propaganda to being a high paid copywriter? Well, it’s a strange story, indeed. And one I lay out there for the listener in this week’s episode. On top of that, we’ll do a deep dive into the most common misconceptions people have about business ownership and marketing....
Kevin Geary is not your typical health and fitness guru. He started out as an out of shape karate instructor. Overweight, on the brink of major health issues, and wanting to quit his job, Kevin knew he needed some change. So he went out and found it. He did the hard work of sifting through...